We use sedation dentistry to heighten your level of comfort. Sedation is totally optional but helpful to patients with dental anxiety and other conditions. Dr. Hammons is a leading sedation dentist in Austin who offers safe oral conscious sedation.
Many patients put off much needed dental care because they have a fear of visiting their dentist. If you have a fear of dental work or a specific procedure, ask our caring staff about oral conscious sedation. It will put you at ease before and during your procedure, and make it easy for you to get the treatments and services you need.
We are extremely sensitive to the needs of our patients. If you feel anxious about your oral health, give us a call today.
Who Can Benefit from Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry can help patients who have:
- Fear of dentistry due to anxiety or poor past experiences
- Difficulty becoming numb by local anesthetic
- Complex dental issues
- Need for lengthy or multiple procedures
- Fear of shots or needles
- Sensitive teeth
- Overactive gag reflex
Oral Conscious Sedation
Oral conscious sedation leaves patients conscious but deeply relaxed. You will be able to respond to your dentist’s questions without being fully aware of the sights and sounds of your procedure. The medication is completely safe but will relieve all of your fear and anxiety.
Things to Know about Sedation Dentistry
- It calms your mind. You will have little to no memory of your procedure.
- It can cut down on appointment days. Patients who need multiple procedures may choose sedation dentistry to increase their tolerance. These patients can sit for longer periods of time in the dental chair so we can get most or all of your work done at once.
- It safely eliminates pain. Oral conscious sedation is proven to be safe with few side effects. No pain is felt when sedation is used, and stress dissipates.
Is Sedation Dentistry Right for Me?
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Hammons for a consultation. He will help you determine if sedation dentistry is a wise option for you. Together, we will relieve your dental anxiety and make your procedure surprisingly comfortable!